My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

08 February 2007

Do You Know Where You're Going (To)?

The song "Do You Know Where You're Going To" has always annoyed me because of it's bad grammar. But, it asks a question Mom might have asked as I headed out the door on Greenwood Street. Where are you going, who will you be with, and when will you be home? She wouldn't let me go some places, or do some things. She was sometimes incredibly mean, and I love her for it.

Mike Cope has great thoughts along these lines on his blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jared Dockery said...

Yeah, but "Do You Know To Where You're Going?" just sounds dorky. This reminds me of the famous line attributed (perhaps erroneously) to Churchill. Supposedly a proof-reader once criticized a sentence in one of his speechs, because it ended in a preposition. Replied Churchill, "This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put."

12 February, 2007 17:23  
Blogger Jared Dockery said...

er, that would be "speeches". Talk about dorky...

12 February, 2007 17:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home